Monday, November 23, 2009

New stuff at TrueHarbour

All the stuff I'm planning doing in 2010! Part of my New Years' Resolutions, so to speak...


- Reviews: From now on, you'll find at least one book or movie review a week (if all goes according to plan). To see how I rank things, look for "The Rating System" on my sidebar.

- Shipmate Selections: A sort of "partnered reading." A friend of mine has joined up with me to start reading and chatting about books together, just the two of us. Click on the book's picture for updates on our weekly bookchats!

- Classic of the Month: I'm dedicating 2010 to reading at least one classic a month ("classic" being defined as pre-1920). Click on the book's picture for updates on my weekly progress and bookish thoughts!

- Kidz' Kanoe: Having been an assistant to the Youth Director at my local library, and having an astute love for juvenile reads, I've decided to go on a weekly hunt for children's books that catch my eye. These books are ones that are sure to please any little guys in your house, and some older ones, too.

- Captain's Log: The journal part of the blog; not necessarily about books. Featured at least once a week as an update and catch-all post.

- In the Crow's Nest: New-to-me that caught my eye during the week. (Think "Friday Finds" without the Friday.)

- Others' events: Library Loot (what I've snatched from the library this week); Hidden in Plain View (a look at what's peeking out from atop my bookshelf); What's On Your Nightstand (a monthly overview/plan of reading - with summaries and initial thoughts)

- Reading Challenges: Just to prove how crazy I really am....

1 comments:

Carrie said...

I love your ideas and titles for things as well. It all suits the blog and I love the new template. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!