The best thing to do when you're locked away in a snowdrift: read a book.
Actually, read lots of books.
I haven't been able to read books for about a week now. Classes and studying have eaten up all my free time (minus NCIS-watching!), and my poor companions have been extremely neglected. We're making up for it today, big time.
On the agenda:
- Read as much of Inkheart by Cornelia Funke as my cracking voice will let me! - The movie is out in theatres, and Sis and I have promised each other that we won't see it till the book's finished.... We've a long way to go. Page 153, baby!...out of 508. *wilt*
- Get to the halfway point in Black by Ted Dekker. - This book has been awesome so far, but I'm losing the thrill because I haven't been in it for so long. Hopefully the narrative will make me finish it this week!
- Read The Horse and His Boy by C.S. Lewis. - Purely to get even with some friends. They're all getting on me because I'm apprarently the only book club member who doesn't care for it. But it's been a long time since I've read it, and I usually skipped dull passages back then, so I'll be rereading it to get the story again; maybe I'll change my mind. So there, book club brethren....
- Maybe read more of Beauty by Robin McKinley, and/or start The Once and Future King by T.H. White. (Picked it up at Borders the other day. I have an Arthurian legend in my house! Yay!)
Lots of daylight to waste. Toodle pip.
59. The Phantom Tollbooth
1 day ago

1 comments:
The library just called me yesterday to tell me I finally had Inkheart on hold (like you, wanna read it before the movie!), but unfortunately...here I am snowed in. Booo!
I'd like to hear what you think of Once and Future King, once you get to it! I only liked it to the middle...then I hated it. For no particular reason of content, I just...didn't. I seem to be in the minority though, so I may have to read it again now that I'm older. He! ;)
Post a Comment