Thursday, January 29, 2009

Reader's Diary: Still stuck, still reading

The snow has yet to go. away. Things have simply screeched to a halt in my little hometown, and everybody seems to be...not in a panic, but in an anticipatory mood. Apparently, snow is my state's worst nightmare. And it should be, because we are such wimps when it comes to dealing with the problem. 2 feet of snow in Ohio? HAH! What snow?!

Anyway, it doesn't really matter to me. I'll stay in, alone with my books. Sis and I are finally making massive progress on Inkheart; we're up to page 311 out of 508. The halfway mark! We're so excited; I've been reading most of the morning, and for some reason, my voice is still working! We'll be going for round 2 here in a bit, hopefully making it to page 400 by tonight. That would be an amazing record for me: 200 pages in 2 days. And reading aloud. (I have the curious ability to run out of voice way too soon, which tends to drive Sis and I crazy.)

Made a little progress on Black last night as well. Hopefully I'll be able to make a significant dent in it later on this afternoon, if Sis will allow me to break from Inkheart. (Ah! Too many wonderful stories to devour!)

Also...the writing bug is starting to tickle me. Not bitten yet, but tickling. I have to write something, I just have to. Though, unfortunately, I'm not sure what yet. It's very disappointing.

Keep warm!

0 comments: