Today I learned: You honestly can't be a book lover and walk into a book store without buying at least an armload of books.
I also learned: I'm utterly hopeless in a book store!
We went out with a bunch of girlfriends at Panera's today. Afterward, we had to stop at Bed, Bath & Beyond to return something, so, naturally, we also decided to hit Books-a-Million while we were at it.
The mistake like no other.
An hour and a half later: The Stack, a new Books-a-Million membership card, and a handy new bookbag.
I'm pathetic. I'm a librarian, and I'm still hopeless.
And now: The Stack.
- The Circle Trilogy by Ted Dekker - In three volumes. A must-read, as it is on my A-Z reading list, and the library only has Black. Aw, gee.
- Roots by Alex Haley - Aww, shucks...also on my A-Z list.
- Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrel by Susannah Clarke - Just because.... It was under $5!
- Day by Day with St. Augustine by Augustine - I simply couldn't resist. Eventually I'll read his Confessions, but I caught a mere glimpse of an entry, and knew it was coming home with me.
- Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame - Because it just brought back too many childhood memories of bookish mirth.
- My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers - Because this needs to be my focus this year...
- Beauty by Robin McKinley - On my list...
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee - Because I can't in good conscience call myself a book lover or collector without a copy on my shelf. Now, it's official.
And though I didn't buy these myself, they're still getting read at some point:
- The Lightening Thief by Rick Riordan - Because there's simply too much hype...and come on, it's Greek mythology!
- The Book of Story Beginnings by Kristin Kladstrup - Library has it...but I simply couldn't resist. (I forced Sis to buy it...but I will be reading it myself.)
- Ranger's Apprentice: The Ruins of Gorlan by Jonathan Flanagan - Never heard of it, but it intrigued Sis, so it's all good.
- NKJV Study Bible - Sis wanted a new one, so...voila. We now have 4 or 5 different ones put together.
- The Book(s) of Useless Information by Noel Boethem - The entire set (3 books). Because they are just too much fun.
So yes, I am hopeless. Thankfully I was spending Christmas money...or I would really be in a bind. (Because yes, I still would have spent the money.)
59. The Phantom Tollbooth
1 day ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment