Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Libary Loot - February 4

Library Loot, hosted by Alessandra and Eva, asks: What did you "raid" from your library this week?


When you work in the children's section of a library, it starts to influence you.... All my looting was done in the juvenile and kiddy section.

This week I looted:

- The Diary of a Worm, The Diary of a Spider, and The Diary of a Fly by Doreen Cronin - These are the best! Yes, they're little kids' books, but that doesn't mean you can't get a good laugh out of them. These follow the story of what life is like for various creepy crawlies, and the illustrations make it twice as funny. My family and I had quite a bit of fun reading them aloud before dinner.

- The Word Eater by Mary Amato - Strangely, another book featuring a worm. (Not intentional...) Juvenile literature, about a worm that has magical powers. If it eats paper with words on them, those words will be completely erased from existence.

- Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine - For my face-to-face book club. I've never read this before, but I did read Levine's writing book, Writing Magic back in 2007 (a must-read for writers, in my opinion). You can read my review at my old booksite, here.

- Holes (Audio) by Louis Sachar - A reread, and still just as fun! Holes is for the book club at the library, which I also, apparently, now run.

I'll be returning:

- Inkheart by Cornelia Funke - Yes, I said I was returning this last week, and...didn't. But I can now; I just bought my own copy today. *hugs book with a girlish squeak*

0 comments: