Monday, June 29, 2009

It's Monday! Weekly Event

Hosted by J. Kaye!

It's Monday! What are you reading this week? is a weekly event to celebrate what we are reading for the week. Post the books completed last week, the books currently being read, and the books to be finish this week. Feel free to pile on a little extra.

Last week I finally finished Worth by A. LaFaye. I'm not exactly sure why it took me so long; Worth was definitely a quick read, and a great story. Review pending!

For this week, I'm working on a few different ones:

- The Higher Power of Lucky by Susan Patron (a Newbery Award winner!)
- Inkspell by Cornelia Funke
- Pendragon, Book Two: The Lost City of Faar by D.J. MacHale
- Humility: True Greatness by C.J. Mahaney
- Respectable Sins by Jerry Bridges
- Worldliness edited by C.J. Mahaney
- Mrs. Lincoln and Mrs. Keckly: The Remarkable Story of the Friendship Between a First Lady and a Former Slave by Jennifer Fleischner

Which ones am I going to planning to finish? Most likely Higher Power won't be an issue. And if I get enough time, I might be able to wrap up Pendragon, even though I'm only half-way through it (MacHale lends himself to quick reading despite the longer books). And Humility and Worldliness are both so incredibly convicting, but inspiring too, that I might just finish them both out in my devotions this week.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great list!

Nona, my daughter, read Susan Patron's book and loved her writing.

Kristen said...

Lots of great books! Worth is a huge read at the middle school I work at. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I hope you like Inkspell - it's one of my favorites.

Mary (Bookfan) said...

Have a good week reading. Love your background photo!

gautami tripathy said...

Wonderful list!

Here is my Monday post