Monday, July 13, 2009

It's Monday! - July 13

Hosted by J. Kaye!

It's Monday! What are you reading this week? is a weekly event to celebrate what we are reading for the week. Post the books completed last week, the books currently being read, and the books to be finish this week. Feel free to pile on a little extra.






This past week, I...didn't finish any books. My work schedule suddenly wrenched up several decibles, and I have been very much away from my books.

But, all soon to be behind me, God willing. This week, I intend to finish Inkspell, Pendragon: The Lost City of Faar, and a new, very short trilogy I just found today called simply, "The Young Merlin Trilogy," by the great Jane Yolen. I just snagged/snatched/looted the first two books, Passager and Hobby, and due to their incredible readeable-ness and length, I should be able to finish them both by tomorrow afternoon, even during a sleep-over/movie night.

After that, it's back to the classics:

- El Dorado by Emmuska Orczy
- Moby-Dick by Herman Melville
- Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky (for book club!)

Granted, I probably won't finish a single one of those in a mere week...but I can dream, right?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, I think Jimmy read "Passager", the first book of the trilogy.

You have a great lineup planned!

Rich Mom, Rich Dad. Poor Mom, Poor Dad. said...

Ooohhh The Young Merlin trilogy sounds awesome. I love the tv series Merlin! Have fun!

Mary (Bookfan) said...

Have a great week!

gautami tripathy said...

Have a great reading week!

Mondays: Musings/Whereabouts