Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Tuesday Teaser - July 28


Just mooched - and started - I Love You, Ronnie: The Letters of Ronald Reagan to Nancy Reagan this morning...and am in love. I plan to finish this one in a day, if I can.
Instead of just 2 sentences, I offer an excerpt from when Reagan was traveling, away from his wife and 2-yeard-old daughter:


Time goes by so slowly and I'm such a coward when you are out of sight - so afraid something will go wrong if I'm no there to take care of you, so be very careful.

It's time to move to to the next town now and every move is a step toward home and you. I love you so very much I don't even mind that life made me wait so long to find you. The waiting only made the finding sweeter....

I love you
Ronnie

3 comments:

Kerri said...

I had no idea he was such a romantic. Great teaser.

gautami tripathy said...

So romantic..

Tuesdays: Teaser/Whereabouts

Kill Word Verification

nfmgirl said...

I've heard his love letters before, and am always astounded at his love for his wife and how freely he shares it. Thanks for the teaser!