
Hosted by MizB from Should Be Reading!
I just finished reading my first batch of short stories for this week. One, in particuar, really got to me. Andre Dubus' "Killings" inspired the movie, In the Bedroom, and while I haven't seen the movie (or want to), I was very intrigued by this dark, gripping story. It's very, very dark, as we see revenge enacted step by step, but still...it's excellent.
Matt pressed the muzzle against Strout's head, pressed it harder than he wanted to, feeling through the gun Strout's head flinching and moving forward; then he lowered the gun into his lap.
"Don't talk," he said. ~~ "Killings" by Andre Dubus
Very chilling. Gut-wrenching story about the depravity and desparation of man. I will definitely remember this one for a long time.

5 comments:
Wow, that's very creepy. Great teaser!
Here's mine
Looks dark and interesting :) Great teaser this week! My teaser accompanies a giveaway on my blog this week.
Now that is a freaky teaser! Makes me want to know what happened next.
I love dark!
Teaser Tuesdays: Wait Until Twilight by Sang Pak
There are those times dark and creepy is soooo good!
Post a Comment