Thursday, October 8, 2009

Fall, time for a new...


blog template. I love the colors of fall, and, considering I'm an autumn myself, I love coordinating my closet and web designs to mimic the season too.

SO, it's October 9, and Katrina's Fall into Reading Challenge has begun, and S.Krishna's Clear Off Your Shelves Challenge too. I'm starting to get stirrings for a fall reading list, one that may or may not actually line up with these challenges. Namely: The Complete Works of Edgar Allen Poe, by the aformentioned. I just found it at Border for $7.oo! What a perfect book to sit around the fire with on the first frosty night. I can't wait!

For the actual challenge, though, I picked up some books from the library the other day, the most exciting of which is Captain Blood by Raphael Sabatini. I knew this was a movie (so far unseen), but didn't know it was based on a novel. Apparently this is the stuff that Treasure Island inspired, as Sabatini read all kinds of adventure novels growing up. I'm looking forward to starting it, hopefully this weekend, at some point.

And, as always happens when I hit the autumn season, time for some rennovations. Being right in the thick of college reading assignments and research papers, I shall have to reconsider what I want the blog to do and what I (and my readers!) want out of it, so...we shall do some thinking, we shall.....

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow that is really pretty. I love the colors and it is so peaceful feeling.