Sunday, October 25, 2009

Question: How does one do a read-along?

**** Sticky post! ****


I'm intrigued by the idea, but I have no idea how one would do it. Does anybody have any ideas, or even better, have you done one before? Point me to some sites or blogs that have done read-alongs, and I'd be your new best friend...maybe.

9 comments:

Heather said...

Do you mean like a read-a-thon? If so there is a site doing one this weekend. 24hourreadathon

Anonymous said...

Not exactly; more like you reading a book and others reading it with you, with q&a, prizes, chapter summaries, etc. I just don't know how to go about organizing something like that...

Kim said...

You mean like a book club with prizes and more meetings than once a month? If so, that sound like fun, but have never organized one.
Have fun with your read-a-thon!
*smiles*
Kim

Petunia said...

Have you tried the Reading Dangerously Challenge? I think that's what it's called. Alot of them read the same books in the same month but I'm not sure how they discuss. I've never actually joined. It scares me.

Kate @Midnight Book Girl said...

I would do something along the lines of everyone reading a chapter or two per day, and then doing a quiz/discussion in the evening (or vice versa depending on time zones). But the start reading time could be like the start of the readathon,

Kathryn said...

I think that you should just read whatever makes you happy! Good luck!

Book Dragon said...

J.Kaye's Book Blog read with someone using Twitter.

Esme said...

I have never participated in the read a thon-so cannot offer any past experience advice-sit down-grab a cup of tea and enjoy your books. Good luck with the reading-you have a good collection of books.

Amanda said...

You can do it! I failed miserably last year. This year I am better prepared. Like right now, audio book. Aw yeah. You have a great list!! Make sure everyone knows not to bug you --my husband is doing a Grand Theft Auto marathon today. :) And keep snacks on hand and do some breaks so you don't get overloaded. Good luck!