Saturday, January 17, 2009

Reader's Diary: Slow Going

Things have been quiet in the reading world over here. With school starting back up, I've had little time to finish the last pages of Persuasion and get through Dekker's Black. Which is disappointing, because Black is incredible.

I did manage two chapters or so in Black, and that saddens me all the more that I haven't had a lot of time to devote to reading, because it's difficult to put down. (If I was a speed reader - which I'm not - I could have had this one read in a day. Seriously. It's that good.)

In other reading, I'll be needing to start a reread of Holes soon. The library where I work has a bimonthly book club with the teens, and I've just been given a promotion which puts me in charge of the teen programs and such. So...I get to revisit Sachar, who is amazing, if you ask me.

That's all for now. Hoping to finish the last 30 pages of Persuasion so I can finally write a review!

0 comments: