Well, I'm starting Pendragon, Book Three this week: The Never War. I am really looking forward to the continuation of this series, since now the original guide character (Uncle Press) is out of the picture for now, and the main character, Bobby, is on his own.
He's made a new best friend named Spader, who, like Bobby, is a Traveler, basically a universal peacekeeper. They travel (or "flume") together through time, space, maybe even dementions(?) as they track down the mastermind of evil, Saint Dane, who himself can shapeshift, wreak havoc, and avoid all kinds of destruction while leaving it in his wake.
The cool thing about Saint Dane is that you're never sure which characters you can completely trust, since Saint Dane could be posing as them with his shape-shifter abilities. In one particularly cruel part of the previous story, The Lost City of Faar, Saint Dane posed as Spader's dead father in order to get his help. I have the funny feeling this isn't the only time Saint Dane's going to try this with all of the characters, maybe even Bobby.
So, we're on to Book 3 now, and now we're not only traveling through space, but time. This is the first adventure that Bobby does any kind of time travel, but it's a scary one: he's going back in Earth's time. Up till this point, he's been trying to save other worlds and planets, while Earth has been innocently unaware of his plight. Now, in order to save his world, he and Spader have to go back to a time that's equally foreign: the 1930's!
I'm rearin' to go on this adventure, and can't wait to see more of Spader's character developing. I fell in love with him during Book Two, but he has terrific potential for some deep and dark stuff down the road. And, as always, I love Bobby's narrative voice, so I can't wait to delve in. Here's to ya, Travelers!


0 comments:
Post a Comment