Saturday, September 19, 2009

Reader's Diary: Audiobooks!

Okay, I admit: I'm listening to audiobooks. 2 or 3 at a time, actually!

I've read it before, but I LOVE listening to this version of A Tale of Two Cities, narrated by Frederick Davidson. This guy's amazing! But, with over 800 voice/narrator credits to his name, I guess he'd have to be.

To be completely honest, Two Cities was hard for me when I first read it in high school. I enjoyed certain parts of it, and the characters were very real to me...but certain areas were just hard. Maybe it was just Dickens' propensity for lengthy description in an historical setting, which I was unfamiliar with. But now, listening to Davidson, I am lovin' it! I can't wait to put in the next CD anymore!

Also just stared David Suchet's version of Agatha Christie's Murder on the Orient Express. The voices this guy does! Even women's voices, and all different! Incredible talent, Suchet.

0 comments: