
After a long hiatus, Read 'Em Yet? is back. Now instead of having to participate only on Wednesdays, you can participate all week!
Your mission:
* Find a title by this week's author on your TBR list, OR put one on your TBR list.
* If you've read this author before, write a blog post about them and/or their book you've read in the past. (This can be as quick and painless or as sentimental as you want.) If you haven't read them yet, write a blog post about the book title you selected for your TBR, and why it intrigued you.
* BONUS: Set a challenge for yourself: Announce when you plan on reading this selection (no longer than a month), then rush to meet that self-proclaimed deadline. If you succeed, write a review and link back to the original post. Everyone who does this challenge option will be entered to win bookish prizes!
This Week's Author: Maud Hart Lovelace

Wrote: Children's books
Famous for: Betsy & Tacy series
Books Published: 13 (10 in the "Betsy-Tacy" series, 3 in the "Deep Valley" series)
"It was difficult, later, to think of a time when Betsy and Tacy had not been friends. Hill Street came to regard them as almost one person."
My answer:I first read these when I must have been about seven or eight. I always loved these two (and later, with the addition of Tib, three) little girls whose spunk and peppiness was contagious.
Though I never finished the entire series, I still remember loving these books to pieces. One scene in particular always sent me giggling.

Betsy and Tacy, like most little sisters, abhor their older sisters. When their elder sisters mention their "club," all three girls "covered their mouths with their hands and stuck out their tongues three times. They had agreed to do this, in public or private, whenever [the older sisters'] Club was mentioned." It is just so very little girl, and so visually vivid for me.
I will always treasure these memories, and hopefully will be able to share both them and the series with my children in the years to come.
Have you read Lovelace yet? I'm looking forward to your answers!

4 comments:
Finally, an author I know! I read Betsy-Tacy when I was little and loved it. I'm waitign now for a set of Betsy-Tacy books to arrive in the mail from Book Club Girl!
Actually, hmm, the Betsy-Tacy series was written by Maud Hart Lovelace.
LMM is famous for Anne of Green Gagbles. =D
Sarah @ Library Hospital is hosting a Maud Hart Lovelace challenge this month and so I've been reading hte B&T series and having a blast with it!
Yeah, I knew that. I forgot to change the name on my original entry... :P Thanks for pointing that out, Carrie! :0
I loved the Betsy-Tacy books. It is one of the first series of books that I can remember ever reading!
Post a Comment