Monday, October 12, 2009

It's Monday, and I'm reading...


"The Messenger," chapter one of Captain Blood. I am also finishing a selection of Edmund Spenser's "Faerie Queen," Book I, Canto I, to be exact, for my British Literature class. I'm not exactly sure why everyone seems to hate this poem; I find it rather pretty, and intriguing to boot. Of course...it's rather long. Perhaps it gets boring after a while.

Still, I intend to finish both Canto I and Phillip Sidney's "Astrophil and Stella" (whatever that's about) this week. (I'm finding I really know much, much less about British Literature than I originally thought...)

To a happy week of reading!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Captain Blood? I have not heard of this. Sounds like you have some good reads!

gautami tripathy said...

I wish to read Canto 1.

Mondays: Mused/Amused etc etc

Jennifer said...

I have not heard of these, but I will look them up. Happy reading. Mine are here: http://rundpinne.blogspot.com/2009/10/what-are-you-reading-monday_12.html

Anonymous said...

I think it is so cool you can combine a meme with your class.

Marie said...

Sounds like a good reading week -- I read a lot of British Lit for my grad courses and sometimes I like to go back and pick it up again.