Tuesday, October 13, 2009

New Recruit: That title means what, exactly?

I mean, To Kill a Mockingbird? Seems a bit...odd. Still, I've had this book on my to-be-read list forever, and then I bought it at the beginning of the year, and still it's just sat there on my shelf, looking so new and so unused. It's rather sad.

So, S. Krishna's "Clear Off Your Shelves Challenge" came at just the right time, plus we're doing a Community Read here in my hometown featuring none other than Lee's novel, so I might as well on both counts.

For those of you who don't know, here's a basic rundown.


- Was published in 1960
- Has 31 chapters in 2 parts
- Main characters: Scout Finch, Atticus Finch, Jem Finch, Boo Radley
- Was made into an award-winning movie in 1962, starring the ever-and-all-amazing Gregory Peck as Atticus Finch
- Its author, Harper Lee, has never written another novel, and remains virtually hidden from the public eye

0 comments: