Thursday, October 15, 2009

New Recruit: Aha, Hawthorne!


Yup, I confess: I'm an English major, and I've never read The Scarlet Letter. When I was younger my mom and I decided I really didn't need to be reading a story with such thematic ideas, but then I discovered I really like Hawthorne...thanks to American Lit class!


At the moment, I've just completed Chapter 5. While I don't care particularly for Flo Gibson's voice, at least in this audio, I still enjoy her narration, and the story itself is intriguing. This, most likely, will be the first book completed for S. Krishna's Clear Off Your Shelves challenge!(Technically I might be cheating a bit, because I do have a copy of The Scarlet Letter, I'm not reading it; I'm listening to it. Still...) I should be able to finish this book by the end of next week, hopefully.

1 comments:

Cindy said...

I love that book, and the cover to that specific copy looks so dark!