I've been planning things out for 2010, as you may have seen, and I've decided that because of the workload coming up in college, I should lay off a bunch of the memes I've been participating in. Most of them are basically "checking-in" or "how far have you read this week?" memes, and while they're fun to do, they don't have much of a point for this blog. So for the time being I'm laying off most other memes; I'll probably start participating in 5MFB's "What On Your Nightstand?" monthly update instead of weekly ones, and the Wondrous Words Wednesday TuTu's Hidden in Plain View events. (Library Loot will also, most likely, be a regular occurrence as well.)
More 2010 updates to come! Till then, my first Hidden in Plain View!
Welcome to the weekly feature where we use Random.org to pick a book from our library shelves (real or virtual) and bring it out into daylight. To join in, pick a random book from your library and tell us:
* title, author, #of pages, edition, (tags, and collections if LT)
* why that book is in your library, (how and when you acquired the book)
* whether you've read it or not
- if so did you like it and why;
- if not, do you plan to read it?
My first is written by a relatively new author to me, but one that I have a growing fondness for. I purchased Ambrose Bierce's An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge and Other Stories a few months ago, as soon as I received birthday money from my relatives.
This particular edition was published in 2008 by Dover Thrift. It's only 176 pages, so it fits nicely in on my already jammed-packed TBR shelf on my headboard. I haven't actually read this collection yet, only because I've been trying to get others read first, but this is one of the ones that I'm chomping at the bit to get to! I'm planning on reading it within the first 6 months of 2010, probably durng the busy hours of Finals and Applications for Spring '10.
I loved getting this book brand-new from Borders. Something about a new paperback.... This will be a good one to curl up with on the wintry New Year nights in front of the fireplace with a cup of coffee and some peppermint bark. Yum!


0 comments:
Post a Comment