Thursday, November 12, 2009

Hidden in Plain View - Dr. Zhivago by Boris Pasternak

Welcome to the weekly feature where we use Random.org to pick a book from our library shelves (real or virtual) and bring it out into daylight. To join in, pick a random book from your library and tell us:

* title, author, #of pages, edition, (tags, and collections if LT)

* why that book is in your library, (how and when you acquired the book)
* whether you've read it or not
- if so did you like it and why;
- if not, do you plan to read it?

Hosted by TuTu!







I picked up this hard copy of Dr. Zhiavgo at my library's book sale, for only a buck! I have absolutely no idea what it's about, but it's a hardback - for a buck! I just couldn't pass it up!

Doctor Zhivago


This edition is 544 pages, and written by Russian author Boris Pasternak. I have never read anything discussing the Russian Revolution, or even anything set in in Russia, despite my best friend's obsession love of Feordor Dostoevsky. Still, this is one of those on TBR that will eventually find it's way onto my 2010 reading list...I just have to determine where!

0 comments: