Stolen from Bryan's Book Blog!
Hardback, Trade Paperback or Mass Market Paperback?
It depends on the actual page size of the book. Usually I prefer "softbacks," actually; I usually don't care for Mass Market Paperbacks, since they're a bit on the small side, generally. Hardbacks are pretty cool, of course...but sometimes I just prefer the softness of a floppy paperback.
Waterstones, Borders or Amazon?
Waterstones? New store? More books?! Never heard of it, but if I ever find it, I'll make sure to do a new-bookstore-squee post. :) And, while I shop most often at Amazon.com, I would much prefer shopping at Borders. (LOVE!)
Bookmark or Dog-Ear?
Actually...neither. I remember page numbers or general area.
Alphabetize by Author, by Title or “Other”?
Definitely author. I used to work in a library, after all.
Keep, Throw Away or Sell?
Throw away?! Seriously?! I never sell books; I'll donate or BookMooch 'em. But honestly...I haven't got rid of any books in a long time.
Keep Dust Jacket or Toss It?
Most of the time I toss it. They just bug me. The only time I keep them is if it's one that actually stays cemented to the front cover.
Read with Dust Jacket or Remove It?
Read without it. I mean, come on...see above!
Short Story or Novel?
Depends. Preferably, novel. Unless I want to get something read quick, or it's an author I'm in the mood for at the moment.
Harry Potter or Lemony Snicket?
Haven't read either, so I couldn't say.
Buy or Borrow?
Both. :)
Buying Choice: Book Reviews, Recommendations or Browse?
Browse for the most part. Sometimes I might go looking for a reviewed or recommended book, but generally I'll just buy what catches my eye or looks amazing.
Tidy Ending or Cliffhanger?
Uh...both?
Morning Read, Afternoon or Nighttime Read?
I would love to write at any time, but I usually read in the late afternoon. Sometimes in bed, if I actually have any brain power left over from studying and writing papers.
Stand-Alone or Series?
Both, but mostly stand-alones.
Favorite Series?
THE LORD OF THE RINGS!!! Followed by Pendragon by D.J. MacHale.
Favorite Children’s Book?
Hm... Man, there's a bunch. The Chronicles of Narnia, Five Children and It, and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
Favorite YA Book?
Don't read a whole lot of YA, actually.
Favorite Book of Which Nobody Else Has Heard?
Co. Aytch? It's a Civil War memoir by Sam Watkins. I've started it a few times and enjoyed it, but for some reason just never got through it. (On my list this year, by the way.)
Favorite Book(s) Read Last Year?
Inkspell by Cornelia Funke; The Higher Power of Lucky by Susan Patron; The Merchant of Death by D.J. MacHale; Worth by A. LaFaye; Persuasion by Jane Austen
Favorite Book to Re-Read?
THE LORD OF THE RINGS!!! (Oh wait...did I already say that?)
Do You Ever Smell Books?
Occasionally, when no one's looking.
Do You Ever Read Primary Source Documents, Like Letters or Diaries?
Sometimes I'll read diaries or letter collections. I really enjoyed I Love You, Ronnie compiled by Nancy Reagan.
What Are You Reading Right Now?
See the list on the top of the blog.
What Are You Reading Next?
The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis, and Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrel by Susannah Clarke.
59. The Phantom Tollbooth
1 day ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment