Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! By the time you're reading this, I'm probably buried under random coinage and a paper bag stuck over my head in a desperate attempt to hide from all the restaurant customers who decided not to COOK on Thanksgiving and leave it up to us poor ones...but all the same, I hope to have some free time this weekend to curl up, cry, read a book and maybe see a movie (or two). And I hope everyone's having a good time this holiday, 'cus God is amazing and has given us so much more than we deserve; I am forever forgetting everything He really has done, and instead complaining about what I don't have. Even though I will be drowning in the random coinage from the above paragraph today, I'm a very blessed person. I hope you all can see through the hard times and annoyances of life and see Christ's gifts all the more clearly, too, this Thanksgiving.
Now, on to the book!
Hidden in Plain View is hosted by TuTu!

Fangirls everywhere snatch up Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery all over the blogosphere, gush over Gil (especially in the movie), and laugh out loud at girls' antics and connundrums every time. But for me...
This is one that's been on my shelf for an eternity...and is fated to remain right there. I've just never had any interest in the Anne books for some reason, even though I adored the movies growing up, and still enjoy the occasional trapse through the woods of Avonlea with the little red-headed daydreamer. And even though many of my fellow book bloggers consistently gush about little Anne's adventures, they just never hold appeal for me. It's rather sad, I know.
This might be a selection that I share with my younger friends as they get older, or maybe, if God ever allows it, my own daughter(s). That would be quite a treat, I must admit.

3 comments:
Happy Thanksgiving to you!
Oh, and don't give up on Anne! (The Lucy Maud Reading Challenge is coming up in January. Try it then!)
Blessings on you this day and this year. I pray that God will grant you the desires of your heart in a way that truly astounds and amazes you.
:) Thanks for the sentiments, Carrie. I need the prayers; wish I could hug you! God's love and strength be with you and yours this year as well.
In Christ,
Veronika
Just remember, if one of the customers gets too angry, there are plenty of heavy implements hanging from the walls and ceiling, just for that purpose! ;)
Post a Comment