Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Reader's Diary: Howdy from far away

Wow, it's April already? I can't believe I haven't been on here in all this time.

Although, then again ... I can. I have been crazy. Insane. Psycho.

Amidst the madness that is the few weeks before school ends, 2 play productions begin, and I begin Summer break, I have been able to read a bit. Actually, I discovered and devoured an absolutely amazing sequel, Small Steps, the follow-up to the incredible and always enjoyable Holes by Louis Sachar.

Yes, you heard me: there is a sequel to Holes! The thing that's so neat about it is that Small Steps isn't a continuation of Stanley Yelnats' story; it's about his Camp Green Lake buddy, Armpit. (If you read Holes, you'll understand how exciting this is to all fans.)

There should be a review on it here soon, after the hubbub has died a bit.

Oh, and I'm rereading Dracula. I've determined I really do love this book.

Twelfth Night, Shelf Life, and The Scarlett Letter are also on my towering pile of books. My nights have been full of bookish bliss.

I'll try not to be such a stranger. G'nite!

0 comments: