It's Monday! What are you reading this week? is a weekly event hosted by J. Kaye to celebrate what we are reading for the week. Post the books completed last week, the books currently being read, and the books to be finish this week. Feel free to pile on a little extra.
Finished our book club read, Number the Stars, this week. It wasn't written terribly well, which was a bit of a disappointment for me. I mean, it's Lois Lowry after all. Honestly, I'm not sure why it won the Newberry. The Giver, sure, but this one? Nah.
Don't get me wrong, it was good...but I expected a lot more angst and drama from it. But, it'll make for good discussion next week at the Booksters meeting, and I've been wanting to read it for a while, so at least I accomplished something.
This week...school starts again. I'm back in college. Actually, a university, so the reading load's already quite large. Still, I'm hoping to have time for an hour here or there (and I've set up an award system for myself: so much studying, so much reading and Internet time as reward. Cool, huh?). SO, I'm aiming to finish The Never War, though it'll probably take me two weeks. Hopefully by Labor Day. (Labor Day? Already?!)
Up next will probably be either: El Dorado by Emmuska Orczy, The Robe by Lloyd Douglas, or Inkdeath by Cornelia Funke. All three of these have been vying with each other in me brain, and I still can't make up my mind. (And I just got The Children of Hurin by Christopher Tolkien and Short Stories of Ambrose Bierce for my birthday...so I'm like a slobbering wolf right now with all of these choices!)
Ve shall see.... Have a great Monday, everyone! I'm off to my first English class!


6 comments:
I read both The Giver and Number the Stars last October. I did like the Giver much better, but Number the stars was a quick enough read.
When I was in law school, I read every night before going to bed. It helped me get to sleep. Law School was stressful. Here is mine
I read Number the Stars in elementary school and I loved it! (But - I was also in elementary school so that may have been a factor).
Allison
http://www.wellreadreviews.com
I am yet to read The Giver so I can't say much. But I like ur self reward system :) Hope u find time 2 read and blog..
Enjoy choosing! I have not read some of those books since my children where younger. The Giver and Number the Stars are excellent. Happy Reading! My list is here: http://rundpinne.blogspot.com/2009/08/what-are-you-reading-monday.html
Ugh - school! Same here. We're busy getting books, etc. Fun, fun, fun!
Post a Comment