Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Library Loot [again!]


Hosted by Marg and Eva!

Heh heh, I have a confession: I'm at the library again. And I'm checking out other stuff.

Namely, The Astonishing Life of Octavian Nothing, Part I by M.T. Anderson, both the print and audio copies.


The Astonishing Life of Octavian Nothing, Traitor to the Nation, Vol. 1: The Pox Party


I think it might be fun to both listen to and read along with a book for a change. Oftentimes I try to read before bed, and while I'm not ready to actually fall asleep, I have a hard time concentrating on the page in front of me. Listening while reading, I'm hoping, will allow me to still concentrate while not necessarily having to focus on each individual word with blurry eyes!

So, what else?


The Thirteenth Tale

Oh yeah, The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield.

It's for an online book club I just joined; they're almost finished with it, so I'll have to put in some overtime on this one! (Yeah...right after Dr. Faustus, a collection of John Donne's poetry, Douglas' Narrative, and the other Current Reads sliding all over my shelf.... *scratches head* Am I insane?


No, you don't need to actually answer that...)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Which Faust are you reading? Marlowe, Goethe, or the new one?

CallMeIshmael said...

Marlowe. This one, actually...Love it, love it, love it! :)

Eva said...

I've never tried reading &listening to a book at the same time-I bet it'll be interesting! I fall asleep to audiobooks as well, so there's always a lot of jumping around on a CD the next day, trying to figure out where I was when I fell asleep! lol

avisannschild said...

I enjoyed The Thirteenth Tale; I hope you do too!

Marg said...

I really enjoyed The Thirteenth Tale! I hope you do too!